Sunday, January 10, 2010

Headband and Messenger Bag

The Bernina's been exercised lately. This tutorial was easy to follow for Sarah's headband. We have more in the works.
And, I finally put something in the etsy shop. It's a take on my longtime favorite patchwork bag, sized slightly larger so it can hold more (and function as a messenger bag). The patchwork and decorative topstitching are time-consuming and I'm hoping someone likes it (soon) as much as I do. Like the headband, I was able to use scrap fabric I had on hand which was a fun part of the creative process.


3 comments:

amy wolgemuth bordoni said...

Super cute. Glad you're sewing again!

KrisRenee' said...

Hey there,
Took a peek at Etsy and saw some sold items as well. Do you ever make similar creations based on your past-sold items by request?

prairievisiondesign : handmade said...

KrisRenee - yes, occasionally, depending on the item and fabric availability