Monday, February 4, 2008

The Office


I've been snarky and grumbly and today was better. An hour walk did the trick. Krieger's bean dip at supper was another FABULOUS treat although I've had to near-sequester myself in my office this evening. Here's a list of inspirational things in here with me:
  • Bernina sewing machine (duh)
  • S's art on wall
  • Helen Frankenthaler print
  • my quilt on wall out of Kaffe Fassett fabrics
  • Debra Wald teacup and saucer and other handmade bowls
  • baskets of fabric stash
  • worn Selvedge magazine, Dec. issue (when will my subscription kick in?)
  • what do you call those long clear plastic tubes full of slow-moving stars and confetti in water?
  • window (although it's now dark)
  • folders in my file drawer of things I've kept forever - cuttings from my paintings, pages torn from art magazines, exhibition fliers, pictures of places I'd like to visit, artsy cards, words I liked in poems..
  • Cross pen given to me by my best friend in high school
  • letter opener sculpted by my father (in walnut)
  • Nature Company pencil containing a miniature rock collection
  • red tool box full of art supplies
  • clear plastic box full of art supplies
  • two Pantone binders full of color chips 
  • Holbein sable paintbrush
  • long fish button made from bone
  • "Carpe Annum" award made of a fish cast in clay

No comments: