Thursday, March 20, 2008

Interior with a Book

I grew up in Kansas City where I visited the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. My sister and I took art classes there each year. As a family we saw many (most?) exhibits. My mother is a painter and my father was a fine woodworker. My favorite collection at the museum was Modern and Contemporary Art. This was my favorite painting. It's Interior with a Book by Richard Diebenkorn. Another favorite painting (not at the Nelson, though) is Helen Frankenthaler's The Bay (which, incidentally, required special attention two years ago when a boy stuck gum to it). I am still inspired by these and other works and hope my children, too, will find art that stays with them throughout their lives.

Speaking of art, a friend just sent me this about "Women in Art."

No comments: