Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Small Tasks


"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." - Helen Keller

Here are my "small tasks" of the day so far.
  • wake up kids
  • feed kids breakfast
  • clean up breakfast
  • get Sarah on bus
  • mend Erik's shirt
  • color with Matt
  • run 4 miles with Matt
  • snack with Matt
  • read with Matt
  • diaper change
  • sing music with Matt
  • laundry, 3 loads
  • clean kitchen
  • do dishes
  • put houseplants outside in sun
  • make lunch for Matt and me
  • watch Pooh Bear Shapes dvd with Matt
  • put sheets back on bed
  • pick up everywhere
  • check in with email, clients
  • organize mail, bills
  • attend Sarah's play at school
  • drive with kids to Target for a few mid-week groceries
  • put away groceries
  • put away laundry (are you still reading?!)
It's been a warm, sunny day full of small tasks but big moments. Sarah was wonderful in the play and is happy to be home early. Matt and I have chatted about many things; I can hear him as he laughs, playing in his room.

No comments: