Friday, March 14, 2008

Real Living


I'd planned to get fabric and start new projects today but Matt was sent home from day out - he had diarrhea 4x. He's sleeping now. He had a TANTRUM, kicking and flailing and screaming at the top of his lungs when we left preschool. I had to carry him over my shoulder. Of course we had to walk by all the waiting parents. I never know what to do about public discipline. When Matt is in high gear (as a two-year-old can be), there never seems to be anything I can do except go home asap. Sarah was always the example; Matt's like the warning. Sigh. I must admit I calmed down by eating some cookies and watching a few minutes of  "Real Housewives of New York City."

When I started the blog, I had something else in mind. Nothing personal. Only what drove me artistically and creatively - I would shine the candle of inspiration (!). But like each day, real life creeps in. And even I have to admit that what really matters are things like healthy kids, milk in the fridge, clean laundry and seeing spring bulbs. It's always been a pull for me, deciding to work with kids. When there are days I feel I'm merely surviving, I remind myself that it's been a full life, and a choice I would make again. Gotta go check on the boy.

No comments: