Friday, April 18, 2008

Small Bites

I am reading my Selvedge, the magazine in one hand, my laptop in another; I read, I surf. Here are some gems:


Tamar Mogendorff's work (above) keeps popping up everywhere I go. How can I do something similar over my fireplace? I'm into “multiples” these days.

I was struck by the energy and similarity of these two images (below). Go see Carole Waller's fabric painting and Sarah Brown's work in paper.



Look at these dolls! GORGEOUS.

Saltwater reminds me of Anthropologie. I'm itching to cut and sew some clothes but I need to finish my current pile (sigh). I have way more inspiration and creativity than time. [In my closet are boxes of fabric I wove years ago - if anyone has experience sewing with handwovens, let me know.]

Look at these ceramics. Read Diana Fayt's fun bio when you see her work. She sells on etsy, too.


The curious objects on Whippetgrey are ingenius (reminding me of Edward Gorey). [Wonder how I could do something like this with Sarah?]

All full! More to come.

No comments: