Tuesday, May 20, 2008

2nd Chocolate Lollipops Patchwork Bag


I've had fun finishing a bag similar to this one––someone local is already interested and someone else (not local) has requested another. But this week and next I'm too busy with a website design (and some travel) to get started. Here and there I'm reading (laughing my way through would be a better description) Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's book Yarn Harlot. I've spun and woven and sewed but never knitted––I can still identify with McPhee's passion for color, texture and "stash." Like McPhee, I find myself a "process" person, loving the creative act of designing and sewing. On my desk is a large basket stuffed with stash gems, all coordinated into plastic baggies and destined for more patchwork bags and belts––it's almost more than I can take, thinking about when I can do more (which reminds me, Cami, do you have many more of those wonderful ceramic buttons?). But today I must work on the site. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had a blog! Love the pictures.

Unknown said...

Oh, yes... there is always more buttons. p.s. the site looks fab and the rollovers are perfect.
I <3 it. C

Thimbleanna said...

Very, VERY Cute!!!