Sunday, June 1, 2008

Lens


Sarah and I returned yesterday from our trip to St. Charles, IL. We had a great time celebrating my friend Sabine's wedding and spending time with my friend Amy and her family. Above is a picture of Sarah (flower girl) with Amy's son, Liam (ring bearer). The kids were so cute together and couldn't have enjoyed each other's company more.

Erik and Matt did well together while we were gone. It was the first time Erik had watched Matt this long. They both not only seemed to have survived the experience, but enjoyed it. Matt cried and cried this morning when he couldn't ride in Erik's green truck.

Yesterday was Erik's and my 12-year anniversary, as well. He surprised me (BIG surprise) with a 60 mm micro lens for our camera. Despite being bone tired from the trip, I immediately snapped on the lens and took it outside. It's amazing what the right tools will do. I'm completely motivated now to get to know the camera (Nikon D200) and have a better sense of what I'm doing.



After taking some shots, I analyzed them in Photoshop. This picture of Sarah moved me to tears. In the raw file, I could see every hair on her face. The detail was absolutely incredible.


Erik said he bought it so I could start taking better pictures of my bags, getting down to the stitching. So, the camera may result in improved sewing, as well!
The thing that strikes me about seeing closely (with a camera or otherwise) is that the details were there all along. A wise soul told me once that the microcosms in our lives are as amazing (and worthy of our attention) as the macrocosm and I think she was right.

4 comments:

amy wolgemuth bordoni said...

I can't get over those photos. They are exquisite. (Per Liam, Sarah looks "really nice.") What a gift!!

Stacy said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Your new camera is amazing! Those pictures are breathtaking! :)

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful pictures! Don't you just love that camera??? There's SO much to learn and they can do SO much!

Anonymous said...

Nice pics! Happy Anniversary!